This vacancy is closed.
Are you ready to master the profession of crane operator? Are you looking for an exciting and active job where you will be responsible for the safe loading and unloading of containers from docked barges and Container Trucks with a Gantry Crane? Look no further! In the first period, you will learn the crane operator’s trade. For this, you will receive internal training on the job. Once you have mastered the tricks of the trade, you will be responsible for the safe loading and unloading of containers from docked barges and Container Trucks by means of a gantry crane. In this position, you will report directly to the Team Leader Terminal Operator. Container Terminal Doesburg (CTD) engages in the transhipment of sea containers between companies in the region and inland waterways. Container ships are used to transport containers to and from the seaports. The Container Terminal Doesburg handles the entire logistics operation at the container terminal and is responsible for setting up and dropping off containers at companies.
What will you do as a crane operator in container transport?Your duties will include:
- Balancing speed of work and safe working conditions loading and unloading containers from barges and container trucks using a gantry crane.
- (Learning) to operate a gantry crane independently and safely.
- Providing the forwarder CTD with all relevant information related to damages.
- Perform technical checks in accordance with instructions and identify faults and/or damage.
- Support maintenance and service turnaround of the gantry crane and all its components.
- Ensure maintenance of the Container Terminal and grounds.
- Ensure resolution of problems arising during loading and unloading of barges and container trucks.
What are we looking for?Of course, we ask a lot of you. You have skills, talents and interests appropriate to this role. You are able to assess different situations well and respond to them immediately. You will also work in a two-shift operation. Furthermore, you possess:
- Market-based salary with appropriate fringe benefits.
- Opportunity to attend (subject-specific) training courses.
- Working in a young organisation with an ambitious and energetic team in a pleasant and informal working atmosphere.