This vacancy has been filled. View our vacancies or send an open application.
Ready for a new challenge within the transport world? Are you flexible, stress-resistant and customer-friendly? We are looking for an organisational talent to join our team. Apply for our job vacancy of freight forwarder (40 hours)!
Container Terminal Doesburg (CTD) is responsible for transhipping sea containers between the road and inland waterway modes. With hired inland shipping capacity, containers are handled to and from the seaports. CTD provides handling of the entire logistics operation. We are thus responsible for setting up and dropping off containers and making the best use of the space available on the quay. Are logistics and planning on your mind? Then read the full job vacancy for forwarder.
What will you do as a freight forwarder in container transport?
In this position, you will be responsible for processing planning data as well as controlling, monitoring and directing all container unloading and loading activities. As a freight forwarder, you will ensure that operations are run efficiently and departmental objectives can be met. From your role as forwarder, you will report directly to the operations manager.
Your duties will include:
- Correctly handle incoming container freight orders, making and monitoring bookings and follow-up planning.
- Checking the barge schedule and learning to make it yourself.
- Monitor and proactively respond to the progress of the barge’s voyage.
- Ensure proper work instructions and related documentation for the drivers.
- Establish optimum transport planning and obtain the most favourable procurement and issued (transport) orders to accepted suppliers.
- Provide best service to customers, agents and suppliers.
- Actively participate in various projects on innovation.
- Key user of the ERP Package Modality and you enjoy developing further in this (is a plus).
What are we looking for?
A flexible transport planner with great commitment! In addition to the necessary professional baggage, you have the talents and skills appropriate to the position of freight forwarder, such as stress-resistance and customer-friendliness. You are therefore able to assess various situations well and respond to them immediately.
- Completed Higher-level (HBO) or mid-level (MBO) education, preferably in Transport & Logistics.
- Experience in a similar position is a strong plus.
- Communicative skills.
- Good command of the Dutch and English languages in word and writing.
- Willingness to work a weekend shift once a month on Saturday from 10:00am to 1:00pm.
What do we offer?
Container Terminal Doesburg offers you a fun job with lots of variety. You will work in an (international) environment focused on growth and with state-of-the-art technology and systems.
- Market-based salary with appropriate fringe benefits.
- Opportunity to attend (subject-specific) training courses.
- Working in a young organisation with an ambitious and energetic team in a pleasant and informal working atmosphere.
For job-related questions, please contact Bastiaan Litjens, Branch Manager CTD, phone +31 313478211.
Providing proof of good conduct (VOG) is part of the appointment procedure.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.